Tuesday, October 7, 2014

WKND vs WEAKdays






“Weekend State of Mind.” The idea that most people are happier on the weekend than they are during the week.

         Well I just got that and quoted out for some reason. So does it really matter what Day of the week when we people are likely to be happier? Well in most cases yes of course such that people could unwind themselves from the hectic weekdays. Anyway I was trying to get some info for what’s happening in the EDM scene lately here in PH. I’ve noticed that more club events are held during the weekdays in Manila especially this month of October and yet why should a guy like me even care?

         Make no offence in any circumstances for whoever might read, but the rave events are definitely better up there than here in the south. I’m still an alien in that city thus it’s likely to be my favorite spot where I can release my inner demons and do some YOLO shit throughout the night because nobody gives a damn about me and I’m kinda like that! Yet it seems the promoters are holding events the way it shouldn’t be done on the usual side of things, but they have no choice for some reason because the international acts were booked in advanced by other neighboring countries thus we got nothing left for the weekend! 

         I'm not so sure maybe they didn’t agree in terms of their transactions and the other countries had much offer to them than what our local promoters could. The more popular ones usually don’t just come here and go home after a gig, they are more likely to settle schedule in other areas in Asia which we just have to depend on and that’s enough us fans to be lucky if some remaining dates are available. I’m not into this party politics nor do I even have potentials it’s just that I don’t want my happiness to become a stress if my speculation was somehow true after all. I’m not blaming anyone on this matter but it comes to a point that we are always tend to be situated marginally on the sideline. 

      In the end it’s the people who dictate and it’s the promoters’ job to satisfy their needs in order for them to gain respect and enhance their reputation but not to the point where you spoon-fed the audience all the time, let them discover some talents out there other than the BIG NAMES. If some people ever change their taste a little bit than the usual then it’s a start and hopefully we still can enjoy some hangout trip during FLYDAY NIGHT or even better- SABADO NIGHTS in which promoters have more options to book talents. 


The real reason why I like the weekend except the last one LOL






By the way these are the list of events in October and almost all are held on a weekday except two:

Oct 1 Go Hardwell or Go Home  - Wednesday

Oct 3 Neverland Manila - Friday

Oct 9 R3hab @ Universe Nightclub - Wednesday

Oct 9 Dada Life @ Hyve Nightclub - Wednesday

Oct 23 Bingo Players @ Club Haze - Wednesday

Oct 23 Arty @Universe Nightclub - Wednesday

Oct 25 Bigfish Cream Halloween Ball - Saturday, No official lineup yet!?!?! 










No comments:

Post a Comment